Remember back in January when I posted a long list of goals I had for each month this year? Well, I’m delighted and surprised to announce that I’ve actually kept up with them. Aside from missing a couple days of yoga in January, I’ve actually done the rest of the goals every day each month. Here’s what I’ve been doing:
- January: Do yoga every day
- February: Meditate every day
- March: Read every day
- April: List to a podcast every day
Not only have I stuck to each monthly goal, but I’ve even kept them up in the following months. I wasn’t really planning to do that when I first thought this project up, but I’ve been enjoying having each of these things become part of my daily routine. I guess I unintentionally stumbled upon a great way to build good habits.
The next four months will be a little more challenging though:
- May: Go for a walk every day
- June: Wake up at 7am every day
- July: No TV for the month
- August: Talk to/text/message a friend/family member every day
I doubt I’ll end up adding this set of habits to my daily routine after the month commitment is up, but I guess we’ll see what happens!